Saturday, February 7, 2009

I like bruises, scars and bloody stuff

Let me preface this by saying this is all Elizabeth's fault. Before I moved to Floriduh back in 2004 I could not watch a scary movie on my own. I didn't even really like to watch them with other people. All that blood and gore really wasn't attractive to me. I was scared to walk through my house without all the lights on...oh wait, well, that still scares the shit out of me(seriously, there could be a psychopath behind my bathroom door, you never know).

But then I became friends with Elizabeth. She of course, loves that stuff. I would go over to her house for scary movie night and watch extremely gorey, extremely bad horror flicks. Basically we would make fun of them the whole time. Being able to use my sarcasm to battle all the scary moments got me used to the gore. It was pretty fun.

Then I would dog sit for her while she was away on vacation. Sometimes and for hours, I would peruse through her encyclopedia type book of serial killers. Totally mind blowing stuff that people do to each other. Definitely not good, but very interesting.

Anyway, I like gore now. I like scars. I like huge bruises. They're like tattoos. They all have character. They have a story. They're also more natural. They are specific to a person. And Aaron got a good one this week. I haven't seen a dark one like this in a while and I had to take a picture.





There is s story that goes with this of course, but not an entirely happy one. I'll sum it up in a couple of words: Alcohol,Confrontation, Drumstick to the chest, All forgiven and better now. Nuff said. But isn't that a kick ass bruise? I so want one. It's like a battle wound. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment